Houston Grandparents' Rights Attorneys

It is a sad fact that grandparents can be left out of consideration in many families. Especially when a family is facing a divorce or has already been through a divorce, grandparents can feel forced out of their grandchildren's lives. In some cases, a parent will fight to keep a mother-in-law or father-in-law away from the children after a divorce. This is extremely unfortunate, as the grandparents are often best positioned to help the kids.

Whether you are a grandparent seeking greater access to the grandchildren or a parent contesting a petition from a grandparent for greater access to the children, make sure you work with an attorney who will have experience, legal knowledge and, most importantly, compassion.

At Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law, we handle grandparents' rights cases involving child custody and visitation. Representing clients throughout Houston, Texas, and the surrounding areas, our attorneys understand the legal and personal challenges involved with grandparents' rights cases. Our Houston grandparents' rights lawyer will help you understand the situation and protect your interests personally.

Changing Custody And Visitation Laws For Grandparents

The laws regulating grandparents' visitation rights and custody rights issues in Texas are constantly changing. At some times, these laws are more empowering to grandparents, but right now we seem to be in a period where the laws are becoming more restrictive to grandparents in family law cases.

We represent grandparents petitioning and families contesting petitions for:

  • Visitation rights
  • Custody
  • Termination of parental rights
  • Grandparent adoptions
  • Guardianships

We take pride in the personalized service we provide our clients. With Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law, you will work with your attorney throughout your case. We will remain available to you, to answer your questions and help you get the best results possible in your case.

Contact Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law

To schedule a consultation with a lawyer regarding your grandparents' rights case, call 281-486-8125 or contact us online.