Circumstances change for everyone. It is quite common for parents to change jobs or want to move away, for children to develop special needs, or for other issues to occur that make an order obsolete after being finalized. If you are in a situation where the circumstances of life have changed and your final order needs to be modified, a Houston modification lawyer from Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law can help.

With decades of combined legal experience representing clients throughout Houston, Texas, and the surrounding areas, our lawyers know the local court system well, and we can help you petition the court for a modification or help you contest a proposed modification. At Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law, we take a personalized approach. We will take the time to understand your objectives and help you achieve a favorable outcome.

Modification Of Child Support, Child Custody And Other Divorce Orders

Although a court order is meant to be permanent, almost any aspect of a custody or child support order can potentially be modified. This happens most frequently when a divorce order becomes unworkable due to changes in the parties' circumstances, but the court will not modify an order unless the change in circumstances is material and substantial. Simply wanting to relocate is not a good enough justification for a modification, generally speaking.

Examples of material and substantial changes in circumstances include job loss, promotion or other major financial change, work relocation, the onset of developmental or other special needs for the child, and even changes in the law.

At Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law, we represent clients in all types of modifications, including child custody and visitation, child support, alimony and spousal support orders. The most complex issue usually involves relocation. Major geographic changes with one or both spouses and/or a child can have a major impact on the custody and visitation agreement. We represent parents and grandparents in modification cases involving relocation.

Contact Krieger & Ongert, Attorneys at Law

To schedule a consultation with an experienced modification attorney, call 281-486-8125 or contact us online.